The Great Holiday Tank Bake Off
Are you ready to dough battle?
Visitors can vote on their favorite, and the winner will get to visit our military motor pool and take and a victory lap in one of our historic vehicles in the New Year!
- Your edible vehicle has to be in 3-D form. Why, because flat things are BORING, but otherwise everything is up to your own creativity.
- MATERIALS: Everything you use to create your vehicle must be edible and non-perishable. We really don’t want the museum to start smelling funky. If you choose to create scenery for your vehicle, non-edible materials like mini figures or trees are acceptable.
- SIZING: Your vehicle and display must fit within an 11 by 17-inch area. It should be no taller than 17 inches. Let’s not get crazy here!
- DROP OFF TIMING: All vehicles must be brought to the First Division Museum starting Tuesday, December 11 and ending at 4 pm on Friday, December 14. The museum is open from 10 am to 4 pm. Don’t leave it on our doorstep or raccoons will eat it.
- VOTING AND VIEWING YOU MUSEUM DISPLAY: Vehicles will be displayed Saturday, December 15 through Sunday, December 23. We are usually open 10am-4pm, but we are open until 7 pm on Sat. December 15 to kick off the contest.
- PICK UP TIMING: Submissions can be picked up starting Wednesday, December 26 and ending Sunday, December 30. The museum is open 10 am to 4 pm. If you haven’t picked up by then, your submission will be eaten by hungry museum employees.
- Winners will be announced via email and Facebook on Sunday, December 23.
While it is NOT mandatory to use, we found this gingerbread tank template to help you create your vehicle, this can help you get started on your edible masterpiece.