We invite you to pack a cooler and enjoy your next meal in the park. Our 50+ table picnic area is located just North of the main parking lot and has coal receptacles if you bring a grill for a cookout.
*A large portion of the picnic area is closed during Project New Leaf, but we’ve added a coal receptacle and tables near the Red Bandshell, so you may grill there. If you just want to enjoy a picnic without grilling, feel free to lay a blanket in the Allee behind the McCormick Museum or in the Parade Field in front of the Visitors Center.
- Fifty picnic tables are available for your use and are not reservable for groups or corporate outings. Please visit our Outdoor Rentals page to learn more about our Park Pavilion rental for groups.
- The tables are secured to the ground approximately 40-50 feet apart. You may bring additional tables.
- If the picnic area is crowded, please refrain from saving tables.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the grounds of Cantigny.
- Grills are not provided by the park. Personal grills may be used in the picnic area only. Please refrain from placing the grill on the picnic table.
- Radios are allowed, please keep volume low.
- Catering services are not permitted in the picnic area. However, you may bring catered foods into the park yourself.
- Tents and canopies are not permitted in the picnic area.