Photo & Video Guidelines
We are delighted you are considering using Cantigny Park as the backdrop for your posed or portrait photography/video.
We require all posed or portrait photographers to purchase a permit for their session(s), which is non-refundable and must be visible at all times. The permit does not include access to any buildings for the purpose of photography. If you need a Hospitality Room, please call 630.668.5161 for details.
Individual photographers are welcome to photograph the gardens at Cantigny Park for their personal use and enjoyment. No commercial use is allowed, and no compensation may be received for images taken at Cantigny.
Commercial photo, video and film shoots are permitted on the grounds, but must be arranged at least one week in advance of the shoot. Please contact Visitor Services for policies and fees at 630.668.5161.
Thank you for choosing Cantigny Park for your portraits. Your purchase helps support the park and its mission.
To ensure a positive experience for you while maintaining a pleasant experience for our many visitors, please be aware of the following rules.
Photo Session Guidelines
Please be courteous to other guests who are enjoying the park. Some special events draw large crowds, so we recommend visiting the event calendar. Plan accordingly and be flexible.
To avoid congestion inside the Visitors Center, please meet and collect your party outside of the building. Please do not congregate inside the building. We strongly advise you plan a pre-visit to scout locations before your shoot. Parking fees apply.
- Cantigny reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography/videography and/or change its photo policy without advance notice.
- There may be times when we must restrict access to some photo locations. Please be flexible.
- Cantigny reserves the right to limit groups arriving within one hour of closing, which is at sunset.
- Do not block the access to building entrances, pathways, museums or garden areas.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels, containers or park signage.
- Do not enter flowerbeds, plant displays or mulched areas. Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Family-appropriate clothing is required for photo shoots. Revealing or provocative attire is strictly prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No animals or pets.
- No drones.
If you have booked your reception at Le Jardin or Red Oak Room or your ceremony at one of our ceremony sites, you are not required to purchase a permit for your photos. Wedding parties not hosting their ceremony or reception at Cantigny are still required to purchase a photo permit.
Active duty military brides/grooms may take pictures at no charge and receive complimentary parking for their car only. Other cars in the party are subject to fee. Proper identification is required. Thank you for your service.