For your safety and enjoyment, please observe the following guidelines while visiting Cantigny.
There are many beautiful paths to discover, please refrain from picking flowers. For safety purposes bicycling, roller blades, razor scooters, etc. are allowed in the parking lots only. For your convenience, bicycle racks have been provided in the parking lots.
- Picnic tables are available for your use and are not reservable for groups or corporate outings. Please visit our Outdoor Rentals page to learn more about our Park Pavilion rental for groups.
- The tables are secured to the ground approximately 40-50 feet apart. You may bring additional tables.
- If the picnic area is crowded, please refrain from saving tables.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the grounds of Cantigny.
- Grills are not provided by the park. Personal grills may be used in the picnic area only. Please refrain from placing the grill on the picnic table.
- Radios are allowed, please keep volume low.
- Catering services are not permitted in the picnic area. However, you may bring catered foods into the park yourself.
- Tents and canopies are not permitted in the picnic area.
Paws in the Park Days (Pet Policy)
Beginning June 5, Mondays will be designated as “Paws in the Park Days” (excluding holidays like Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Indigenous Peoples’ Day). Dogs must remain on a non-retractable leash and be accompanied by their humans at all times. Please pick up after your dog. Sanitation stations will be placed around the park, so please clean up after your dog. For the safety of all, please bring proof of up-to-date vaccinations for your dog. Our buildings will remain off-limits to pets.
For your safety and the safety of others, all sporting activities are restricted to the large meadow area south of the parking lot.
For your safety and the safety of others, sledding is not permitted on Butterfly Hill.
Nature Trail Safety
Our nature trail is open for hiking. The wood chip trail is approximately 2 ¼ miles long. Please follow these guidelines:
- Stay on the right, pass on the left.
- Be aware of wildlife both on and off the trail. Remember, you are a visitor in their habitat.
- Please do not feed the animals.
- Practice “Leave no Trace.” Take only memories, leave nothing behind.
- To preserve the quiet and solitude of nature, please refrain from making loud noises.
- Be polite and courteous to fellow trail users.
- Please do not collect plants or other natural elements and please leave animals alone.
Concealed Carry Firearms
Cantigny does not allow guests to carry concealed firearms on property.