At Cantigny Park, we would have a hard time imagining day-to-day operations without the help of our volunteers. In fact, we couldn't do it without them. Our volunteers are a wonderful mix of generous, dedicated, and talented people who help make Cantigny what it is.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic volunteer corps for special events or on an ongoing basis within one of our departments, opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
What are the Requirements?
- Desire to share your passion, knowledge and time with others.
- Dedication to the mission of the McCormick Foundation and Cantigny Park.
- Open-mindedness and patience to work with a diverse public and staff.
- Integrity in representing the Robert R. McCormick Foundation with the highest standards.
- Reliability to commit to the minimum number of hours required by your position. (Many Cantigny Park volunteers commit approximately 3-4 hours per week.)
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must like to have fun!
How Do I Get Started?
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed and passed on to the appropriate department’s volunteer coordinator. The department coordinator will contact you and arrange for a convenient time to meet one-on-one to discuss the opportunity further and complete the application process. On-the-job training and supervision is provided for all volunteer positions.