At Cantigny Park, we would have a hard time imagining day-to-day operations without the help of our volunteer corps.
In fact, we couldn’t do it without them. Our volunteers are a wonderful mix of generous, dedicated and talented people who help make Cantigny what it is. If you are interesting in joining our dynamic volunteer corps, whether it is one time for a special event or on an on-going basis within one of our departments, we have a variety of opportunities to fit your skill set, interests and availability.
What are the Requirements?
- Desire to share your passion, knowledge and time with others.
- Dedication to the mission of the McCormick Foundation and Cantigny Park.
- Open-mindedness and patience to work with a diverse public and staff.
- Integrity in representing the Robert R. McCormick Foundation with the highest standards.
- Reliability to commit to the minimum number of hours required by your position. (Many Cantigny Park volunteers commit approximately 3-4 hours per week.)
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must like to have fun!
How Do I Get Started?
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed and passed on to the appropriate department’s volunteer supervisor. If you apply for opportunities in multiple departments, your application will first be given to the department with the greatest need. The department supervisor will contact you and arrange for a convenient time to meet one-on-one to discuss the opportunities further and complete the application process. On-the-job training and supervision is provided for all volunteer positions.