At Cantigny Park, we would have a hard time imagining day-to-day operations without the help of our volunteers. In fact, we couldn't do it without them. Our volunteers are a wonderful mix of generous, dedicated, and talented people who help make Cantigny what it is. If you are interested in joining our dynamic volunteer corps for special events or on an ongoing basis within one of our departments, opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
- Share your passion and knowledge as your participation directly and positively impacts our visitors.
- Widen your social network by sharing your interests with like-minded individuals.
- Complimentary parking at Cantigny Park for all passengers on parking fee days
- Discounted rates at Cantigny Park for per-person admission days
- A 10% discount at Cantigny shops and the Cantigny Golf Pro Shop.
- A 10% discount on food and beverages (nonalcoholic only) at all Cantigny restaurants (must present valid volunteer ID, discount includes one guest).
- Invitations to the annual Spring Kick-off Luncheon and Volunteer Appreciation Dinner (service hour requirement applies).
- An invitation to the Cantigny Staff/Volunteer Summer Picnic.
- Awards for 100, 300, 500, and 1,000 hours+ of volunteer service.
What are the Requirements?
- Desire to share your passion, knowledge and time with others.
- Dedication to the mission of the McCormick Foundation and Cantigny Park.
- Open-mindedness and patience to work with a diverse public and staff.
- Integrity in representing the Robert R. McCormick Foundation with the highest standards.
- Reliability to commit to the minimum number of hours required by your position. (Many Cantigny Park volunteers commit approximately 3-4 hours per week.)
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Must like to have fun!
How Do I Get Started?
Please complete the form below. Once your form has been reviewed, it will be passed on to the appropriate department’s volunteer coordinator. If we have openings, the coordinator will contact you and arrange for a convenient time to meet one-on-one to discuss the opportunity further and complete the application process. On-the-job training and supervision are provided for all volunteer positions. If we do not have any openings, you may still complete the form and we will keep it on file for future opportunities.