Building the Future of Cantigny Park
Project New Leaf began in late 2016 and will take place in phases over five years. Our vision is clear and simple: to make this special place even better for all Cantigny visitors. The project will enhance almost every area of Cantigny Park, allowing current and future generations to enjoy the beauty and attractions of the 500-acre estate. The park remains open during Project New Leaf although certain features will close temporarily and some events will need to be postponed. Cantigny plans a full calendar of events for all ages in 2018, as well as weddings, banquets and private functions.
Thanks for your patience and understanding during this exciting time in Cantigny’s history. Good things are ahead!
Have a question or comment? Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a brief project overview:
- The project is currently in Phase One and will last about five years. It primarily involves the park side of the Cantigny estate.
- This is the biggest change for gardens and grounds since the park opened in 1958. We’re creating better sight lines to expose more of Cantigny’s beauty and unify its elements. New garden areas are being created.
- Other improvements: drainage, pathways, parking lots, signage, lighting, playground, visitor safety and additional bathrooms.
- The park will remain open throughout project and most events will take place as scheduled.
- First Division Museum renovations, including the Tank Park, have been completed.
- McCormick House changes are still in the planning phase.
- The project is funded by the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.